Street food in any Asian country is a must-try and Tokyo probably must be the most-quirkiest-fanciest-whimsical bunch you would ever see.
1. Baked Vegetable Cakes at Patisserie Potager
I love the concept at Patisserie Potager, a whimsical bakery in Nakameguro, one of my favorite areas in Tokyo – vegetable cakes and desserts, from carrot-chocolate flan to edamame cheesecake to asparagus swiss roll cake. It’s so different, so strange, so uniquely Japan! – Epicurious Deb
2. Green Matsu Tea Pound Cake
3. Roadside Octopus Balls called Okonomoyaki
4. Handmade Candy in Candy ShowTime
5. Dried Anchovies
6. Sugar coated Baked Bun with Green Tea filling
7. Mini Bread Sandwiches with Edamame, Carrots, Dried Fish Paste and Cucumbers
8. Japanese versions of Hot Dog and Quiches
9. Fruit Candy
10. Shrimp Chips
I wish I had the time to try many more quirky yumm snacks..
And like Andrew Zimmern says, “If it looks good, eat it”